Encouraging female students to take STEM subjects at A level

Hi!

I’m Steph and I’m a Sixth Form student who plans to pursue a career in engineering.

As the only (out of about 40 students total) female physics or further maths student in my Sixth Form, I am keen to encourage more GCSE students to take science subjects at A level. Speaking to some of them, a lot of them do not believe they are intelligent enough, even the top students in the class.

I am currently volunteering to help out with science lessons once a week but want to do more.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to encourage more students (particularly female students) to take science subjects at A level?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Parents
  • Andy "The differences within the sexes are far higher than the differences between the sexes", where on earth did you get that idea from?

As in the animal kingdom there are clear differences between the sexes both physically and in behaviour, the difference is is that there are no PC animals trying to engineer it to be any other way!

• Andy "The differences within the sexes are far higher than the differences between the sexes", where on earth did you get that idea from?

As in the animal kingdom there are clear differences between the sexes both physically and in behaviour, the difference is is that there are no PC animals trying to engineer it to be any other way!

Children
No Data