This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Ladder Safety

Oh ek!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10329345/Pensioner-crashes-ground-puts-fairy-lights-outside-house-Video.html

Z.

Parents
  • WHEN will people learn - always 'foot' a ladder, or a bag of sand and all set at the correct 'angle' and NOT on slippery / wet floor!! Hope he's ok!

• If I work off a very tall extension ladder I have been known to foot the ladder against my van wheel to stop it slipping. That, and tying it off at the top is essential.

Z.

• Or if on gavel or grass, etc., drive in a couple of spikes.

As the late Fred Dibnah said, you only fall off once.

• Well the fred Dibnah way is something else, but never attached at less than 3 points if you intend to trust your life to it. Mind you the  modern way involves less free climbing.....

• I watched a Sky installation guy fit a dish to the outside of a neighbour's house.  The first thing he did was to drill holes in the exterior wall, fit anchor bolts, then fix two steel wire cables with carabiners to the wall and the foot of the ladder.  I'm not sure I would want that done to my house.

• I watched a Sky installation guy fit a dish to the outside of a neighbour's house.  The first thing he did was to drill holes in the exterior wall, fit anchor bolts, then fix two steel wire cables with carabiners to the wall and the foot of the ladder.  I'm not sure I would want that done to my house.

Children