This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Discuss readiness Fellow level

Last year I got my CEng through the IET and my Senior IEEE membership (SMIEEE) through the IEEE. I would like to discuss with some IET Fellows whether I would potentially qualify for Fellow; just to get a bit of a feeling where I am standing, Would that be possible? I don't have any Fellow in my direct network.

Parents
  • Hi Jeroen,
    The earlier advice from Andy is quite clear and to the point. I recently went through the application process so I will pay forward the advice given to me by by friends and institute advisors alike.
    It was suggested to me to list down all the acceptance criteria (included below) and put a few experience points against each. After which pick the 3 that seem strongest to you and send to an appointed advisor for comment. Once the three are refined somewhat then the advisor and you can focus on the strongest two. It is worth dropping in a few short points that might highlight some of the other competencies.
    I understand the IET can provide supporters but they recommend you find someone which has worked with you and can put some specifics to their supporter letter. Best advice however will come from an appointed IET advisor. Contact a Fellowship Assessor.

• Leadership
    • Responsibility
    • Insight and experience
    • Creativity
    • Innovation
    • Enterprise
    • Service
    • Repute
    • Influence and contribution
  • Hi Jeroen,
    The earlier advice from Andy is quite clear and to the point. I recently went through the application process so I will pay forward the advice given to me by by friends and institute advisors alike.
    It was suggested to me to list down all the acceptance criteria (included below) and put a few experience points against each. After which pick the 3 that seem strongest to you and send to an appointed advisor for comment. Once the three are refined somewhat then the advisor and you can focus on the strongest two. It is worth dropping in a few short points that might highlight some of the other competencies.
    I understand the IET can provide supporters but they recommend you find someone which has worked with you and can put some specifics to their supporter letter. Best advice however will come from an appointed IET advisor. Contact a Fellowship Assessor.

• Leadership
    • Responsibility
    • Insight and experience
    • Creativity
    • Innovation
    • Enterprise
    • Service
    • Repute
    • Influence and contribution
Children