This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Tracking time in Career Manager for ongoing activities

A question for those that are tracking their CPD using Career Manager.  If you have an ongoing activity, how do you capture the time spent?

The specific example I am thinking about is the fact I am a Professional Registration Advisor (not with the IET, but it still counts as CPD).  That type of activity is usually performed over a period of time culminating when the relationship ends (normally due to the applicant successfully achieving registration).

I have been capturing the details as individual tasks up to now, but the issue is that doing that is a lot of work (which tends to mean it doesn't get done) and essentially the reflection is better done when it covers a number of reviews over the course of a year. But when I roll up the task at the end of the year, I find that I have to estimate the hours spent.

The obvious solution is to log hours in the description or reflection fields - but that doesn't feel quite right.

So, has anyone else had these type of periodic activities to capture in career manager?

I suspect my new role as a STEM/Education Ambassador will also result in similar patterns.

Many Thanks!

Mark Tickner

•   I have a similar issue for a different form of CPD so the way I do it is create an activity put a target date of the end of the year, start date at the start of the year and then complete date each time I do it. Then add in the reflection the event that occurred and the CPD hours. this will tote up on the pie chart and also extend on the spider diagram for each time you act as the PRA under volunteering of TWAVES

• Thanks Lee - this approach seems to work fairly well so far!