This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Phone line with Fibre To The Premises.

Fibre is being installed to my home in a few weeks time.

Looking at the options to keep landline phones and the number the only realistic option seems to be to get VoIP from Vonage with a telephone adapter box.

support.vonage.co.uk/.../Vonage-Box-VDV22VDV23-Telephone-Adapter-1041

There is an option of a “pensioners” landline deal for phone only on the copper, but it’s relatively expensive and may only be available for a couple of years.

So the first question is should I keep the “landline phone” and number, and. Is there anything other option I have missed?

• It’s a little worrying how simpletelecoms portrays their customers, she does not look like any of mine.

• It does make you wonder if the line voltage they use is higher than the normal ;-)

Mike

• I am on a copper lines only service from Andrews & Arnold.  I transferred my BT number to them and they in turn put that same number on to the VoIP service. I pay A&A £10 per month inc VAT for the copper line plus £1.20p per month service charge for the VoIP + calls on top of my broadband.  Very happy with their service.

Have a look at https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/threads.php you will find sections for both VoIP and Andrews & Arnold and my posts on same.

Clive

• I have used a virtual phone number for my business in the past with a local phone number diverted to any mobile or fixed line that I wanted,. It worked very well and was not expensive. I am considering options to get rid of my existing landline especially if i transfer to fibre and  came across a virtual landline service. You will have to do a search I am having difficulty pasting a link. They say you can transfer your existing phone number to their service. I am sure there will be more than one company providing a similar service.

let us know how you get on.