This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Software support for legacy EV chargers.

The EVSE manufacturer Andersen have gone into administration, what software support is there for customers who have Andersen EV chargers?

How long will their chargers work for?

https://andersen-ev.com/

•    I read it as a plug in “granny lead” charger which begs the question if the EV charger is fit for purpose and the level of protection provided by the AFDD to allow the use of an unsuitable appliance.

Some years ago I installed a new cooker circuit for a lady who was swapping from a gas cooker to an electric cooker,  a couple of days later she phoned up complaining that her husband’s mitre saw was tripping the garage socket circuit B16 MCB and it hadn’t done before I added the cooker circuit, therefore it must be my fault and so I expected to go back and fix the problem I had caused.

Obviously, I said it was nothing to do with me adding the cooker circuit, but I called back and tried the cheap arch sparky mitre saw; and yes it tripped the MCB, so I swapped the B16 for a C16, when I tried the saw again it was fine and ran okay.

Not a word of thanks we’re forthcoming, she actually said that “if you had done the job properly in the first place, you would not have to come back again “ , I smiled politely and walked away without charging her for the callback.

If we are going to have more sensitive circuit protection, people are going to have to realise that they won’t be able to  use some low cost appliances without swapping out the circuit protection for something less effective, although maybe still effective enough.

In the example given by Hager installing a dedicated EV charger would have been a more appropriate solution, rather than retuning the AFDD.