What do they think the old garages will survive if the car world will only be autonomous

hi to all friends,

I come from a broad background and have over 34 years in the automotive industry and I ask myself the autonomous electric vehicles (without a modern engine), there are no breakdowns and even if there are breakdowns garages of the past can't take care of them and why?
1. There is no professional and wealthy yeshiva (they were not in training).
2. There is no suitable equipment for past garages.
3. Not knowing the precautions for high voltage.

So friends, I would love for you to share your opinion on what to do with old garages?

• Going back to the original post.

Earlier in the year my daughters ICE BMW Mini would not start. I called the recovery people and a very helpfull and knowledgable recovery mechanic attended. Despite following a very comprehensive fault diagnostic process he  could not find the problem while at the side of the road and took it to my local garage where it started with  bump start but if tried on the start button lit up every warning light light like a flashing Christmas tree with hundreds of errors on the diagnostics and refuse to even attempt to start. Two days later when my local mechanic got around to looking at it it started and continued to do so afterwards.So we can only assume on of the computers got upset.  It was not damp or water ingress.

However the recovery man who is based in North Wales said that during the winter ALL the call-outs he received were to electric vehicles and where it was not a simple flat battery the remote diagnostics would say exactly where the fault lay but no one could fix them.

While trying to find an intermittent fault on my daughters Range Rover, dealers had not found it so I was clutching at straws, which did not register on the diagnostic history I read there were five "computers" controlling the TV/Radio aerial signal. These were separate  modules located around the boot. I came to the conclusion that without full computer monitoring of the various busses on the car until the problem appeared which tended to be once every couple of months and usually disappeared when  left tuned off for a few minutes there would be no solution. The complexity of the electronics was astounding and I wonder if it is so much easier to make things complex rather than simple which is the cause of many problems we have with electronics and computer software. 

The complexity of modern ICE cars which seem to have problems that cant' be solved so I do wonder if it will ever be able to have garages which can solve the computer related issues. 

I am sure that as electric cars are more available the number of people trained on diagnostics will increase and trickle down in the non dealer market. However will the diagnostics be done remotely by technicians or AI in some remote location telling the local technician what to replace on item at a time until the fault disappears or the car has been rebuilt. 

As for the current mechanics they currently have to deal with explosive air bags and seat tensioners, high voltage discharge lamps that are supposed to last the life of the car and but don't and various other hazards. I am sure they will adapt. I am also sure there will be a market for good ICE mechanics for many years to come.

As I am now in my mid seventies I am sure that it not an issue I am going to have to worry about.