Impact of AI on UK Labour market - why only Civils mentioned?

What happened about all of the other engineering sectors, beyond Civils, when the UK Government published this piece of analysis for use in considering future training needs?

Weekly update from GOV.UK for: Further and higher education courses and qualifications

Report showing the impact of artificial intelligence (AI) on areas within the UK labour market and education.
28 November 2023

• I contend that managers and directors are the most resilient to the effects of chat GPT, as they engage in more sophisticated and subtle activities that chat GPT is ill-equipped to perform. It can also exacerbate the challenges they face, such as moral quandaries, miscommunication, and quality assurance. What if someone responded to you with the same discourtesy? (Actually I am slightly reassured that the report  sees managers and directors as most likely to be affected - that I can believe, given the sort of waffle thing chat GPT does well.)It seems to me that consultants are the ones who are apprehensive about AI, as they work in bureaucratic settings and have a sense of arrogance over the manual workers. Those of us who use our hands, who are engaged and proficient in our trade, have nothing to fear. BS 7671 is the standard for electricians, yet there are  those who masquerade as a physicist on this forum. How do they think they would fare on a forum for physicians? I doubt they are anything like Heisenberg, maybe you are the exception? Some advice, keep your manners and kindness when you write online.

• I get the vibe that perhaps that  was a dig at me ?

Perhaps I should put my cards on the table, I am indeed a Consultant Electrical and Electronic Engineer by title - in the sense that is what is printed on my business cards, but the first degree is an MA in physics, and the PhD is from an Electrical and Electronic Engineering department, and relates to lases, optical fibres (which were far newer back then) and optical switches.

For some  years I worked on international telecom standards, but as I wanted to be more at home in the UK when the kids were growing up, that wound up more than 10 years ago, and I am the design authority for a number of products working out in the field today. If anything, I 'walt' as an electrician, as while electricity and electronics is a very large part of what I do day to day, actual electrical installation really has not been a large part of it for some years and on the tools myself I am neither fast nor neat.  I do like to keep up to date with current practice and regulations however. 

I do not generally mention any of this experience, or my qualifications, either in general conversation, or on here, as I do not feel these details, some from the last century, are all that relevant - I will however pull in any domain knowledge I can when it appears to be useful or relevant to any particular discussion.

In terms of looking down on those who have a practical trait you could not be more wrong - I have great admiration for those who can make things neatly and repeatedly, two areas where I am all too aware I often fail. On the bench, fault finding and ugly prototypes are more my thing. I do pop up sometimes in a physics forum but not under the same name, which I think is what you meant, though I agree amongst physicians (medics) I would indeed soon be lost - I  flunked out of O level biology, and worse am distinctly squeamish.

Of course if that comment was not aimed at me then I'm being far too thin-skinned and you can ignore me. If it was, at least you can now comment from a better informed position.

Mike.

• My intention was not to target you specifically, but rather to express my aspiration that the social hierarchy shifts, and those who possess practical skills experience the benefits of being in a dominant position. # manual labourers!