The Railway Technical Network facilitates sharing and understanding of technical information and knowledge associated with Railway for the benefit of IET members and the wider community. All of our events are open to the public and most are free of charge.
Key Topics for 2024
We are currently working on the the Network's key focus areas for 2024, so if you would like to input in this, please get in touch Railway-TPN@ietvolunteer.org
Each year the TN organise several topic events including seminars (F2F and online), webinars, and also engage with external stakeholder activities such and joint institutions events. Keep an eye out for #Railway to follow us.
Young Professional On Demand Content
IET Railway Young Professionals 'Introduction to Signalling', and 'Railway Engineering a New Horizon to Successful Future Career'
Martin Halligan, Chair
The Railway TN are part of the Railway Engineers Forum (REF) who is a multi-disciplinary body drawn from those Professional Institutions with strong railway interests.
The aim of the Railway Engineers Forum (REF) is to harmonise the various strengths of the constituent Institutions in devising and implementing their programmes of activities in support of the railway community. This will encompass conferences, seminars, lectures, training, information services, publications and statements of policy to Government and other Regulatory Bodies.
The constituent partners of the Railway Engineers Forum are:
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) – Railway Division
- The Institution of Railway Operators (IRO)
- The Institution of Railway Signal Engineers (IRSE)
- The Permanent Way Institution (PWI)
- The Railway Civil Engineers Association (RCEA)
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
Combined Railway Event listing