This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Stroma & Napit

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Does anyone know of the latest relationship between these?

Regards

BOD
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    https://www.stroma.com/news/installer-sale

• It has apparently appeared on several web site forums such as screwfix and electriansforums where various stroma registered electrians have been advised via email that the company is going through a new phase in its development. - most likely an increase in subscription costs ..........

Legh
    From WB's link:

Stroma has today announced that we have given formal notice to UKAS of our intention to close the Installer Certification part of the business. The closure affects our GDI, MCS, GDAO and CPS schemes. An agreement has been reached with the Napit Group to transfer all existing memberships across to Napit Registration Ltd. Napit will continue to operate the installer business under the new brand name of Stroma Installer Certification Ltd. The sale is effective from August 2019.

I wonder how those who left Napit to join Stroma will feel?

Regards

BOD

• Legh Richardson:

It has apparently appeared on several web site forums such as screwfix and electriansforums where various stroma registered electrians have been advised via email that the company is going through a new phase in its development. - most likely an increase in subscription costs ..........

I have received no notification from Stroma, but that will be quite a price rise: Stroma renewal £306; Napit £474.

Was Stroma too cheap to be profitable?

• Today I missed a couple of calls on my mobile from a Mansfield number. Where is Napit? Now it begins to make sense.
  • The combined total of part P notifications by NAPIT and Stroma members is only a tenth of those by those registered under the Certsure banner.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/735138/Competent_person_scheme_statistics.pdf

Andy B

Chris Pearson:

Was Stroma too cheap to be profitable?

Hi Chris, the official part p scheme stats seem to have stalled a bit recently but the last figures show a self cert part p scheme that has been included since April 2015, but only had 1 member as of March 2018 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/735138/Competent_person_scheme_statistics.pdf

If I've interpreted the latest 6 months to end Mar 2018, the statistics would appear to suggest the following average number of notifications per member in that period:

Stroma            3.9

Napit               4.6

Certsure          15.2    

Could this indicate:

1) Certsure members have more jobs to notify?

2) Certsure notify all their jobs?

3) Stroma and Napit have less jobs to notify?

4) I might get a week in the cooler for completing this line

Any other suggestions as to why?

Regards

BAD

• I have been going all over England and South Wales doing non-notifiable work, but I only get it because I’m registered. So I need the registration to get the work, but don’t have to notify the majority of it.

Regards your list a notification may be a single circuit or a complete installation, maybe the NAPIT and Stroma guys notify more full installations and less dongle circuits.

Maybe NAPIT and Stroma guys do more industrial, commercial and agricultural work?

Andy B.

• Nine divisions of British Gas are registered with ELECSA and one with the NICEIC, so it seems all of the British Gas notifications are included in the Certsure total.

Andy B.