Can Incorporated Engineer (IEng) apply for EUR ING Status?

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can advise me on the EUR ING application.

I have recently attained Incorporated Engineer (IEng) Status. I graduated with BEng (HONS) from Northumbria University (through distance learning in Malaysia) and have 15 years of professional experience.

I’m looking for recognition in Europe so that I could gain the opportunity for an inter-departmental transfer within my organization.

My question is as follows:

  1. Does EUR ING applicant require to have attained Chartered Engineer (CEng) Status?
  2. Does an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) able to apply for EUR ING status?

There may be a few other questions that I may have overlooked prior to considering the EUR ING application. Looking forward to your guidance and feedback.

Advice from experts is much appreciated.


Thiben Kerisnain IEng MIET

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Andy, Thank You for the feedback. My concern now is my degree qualification is not listed in the actual nor historical programme database. There are similar ones but not the exact programme description in the EEED.

    Details of my qualification as below:

    BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Completed in 2008. 

    Any information and feedback would be appreciated. Thank You.

  • Hi Thiben,

    It's probably best to get clear (and personal) advice from the Engineering Council directly, email

    They shouldn't mind being asked, they must get asked this question all the time.

    Good luck,