This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introduce Yourself

Please help us to keep this MyCommunity space up to date and relevant by letting us know who you are, what you do and what you would like to see here?

Thanks

Joanne

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Joanne,

Looking at it another way round, maybe we could have discussion topics where people are not just posting their CV - there are other forums better suited for this. I switch off when I see this.

I like James's first post on complexity and a discussion topic on methods of abstraction would be welcome.

But you would need to mediate such topics to keep them on subject or it could be hijacked to meaningless discussion of continuous vs batch and people will disengage. Unless you can create sub-threads that people can choose to follow or abandon?

If possible, maybe you could post a list of automation sub-topics and everyone could vote on them (need a web based voting mechanism I suspect) and we could kick off the ones people want to discuss.

Cheers

Alan
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Joanne,

Looking at it another way round, maybe we could have discussion topics where people are not just posting their CV - there are other forums better suited for this. I switch off when I see this.

I like James's first post on complexity and a discussion topic on methods of abstraction would be welcome.

But you would need to mediate such topics to keep them on subject or it could be hijacked to meaningless discussion of continuous vs batch and people will disengage. Unless you can create sub-threads that people can choose to follow or abandon?

If possible, maybe you could post a list of automation sub-topics and everyone could vote on them (need a web based voting mechanism I suspect) and we could kick off the ones people want to discuss.

Cheers

Alan
Children
No Data