This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introduce Yourself

Please help us to keep this MyCommunity space up to date and relevant by letting us know who you are, what you do and what you would like to see here?

Thanks

Joanne

Parents
  • I've been following the discussion with interst, at one time I chaired the C&A TPN but am now retired and too far removed from the day to day developments to add much.

However I was recently reading about the investment (£60m) being made in the Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry and wonder if the IET either through this TPN or the wider Design & Production Sector should develop a relationship with the MTC. From what I can see both industry and academia are involved but none of the Engineering Institutes.

When the IET was formed this TPN looked at the idea of various interest/discussion streams but we did not have the IT system to make it possible and it was dropped. Now we have the tools it seems a good time to try it. I agree the discussions need mediating. As Alan said CV's and recruting agancies are not appropriate in this type of forum.

I'll now let you poor soles go back to work, I'm of to the golf course :-)

• I've been following the discussion with interst, at one time I chaired the C&A TPN but am now retired and too far removed from the day to day developments to add much.

However I was recently reading about the investment (£60m) being made in the Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry and wonder if the IET either through this TPN or the wider Design & Production Sector should develop a relationship with the MTC. From what I can see both industry and academia are involved but none of the Engineering Institutes.

When the IET was formed this TPN looked at the idea of various interest/discussion streams but we did not have the IT system to make it possible and it was dropped. Now we have the tools it seems a good time to try it. I agree the discussions need mediating. As Alan said CV's and recruting agancies are not appropriate in this type of forum.

I'll now let you poor soles go back to work, I'm of to the golf course :-)

Children
No Data