This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

CEng - Benefits to your industry?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Persuading your employers that it's a good thing to invest in! What do THEY get out of it?
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Benson,

I'm a Chartered Engineer and a Professional Registration Mentor with Jaguar Land Rover, based at Castle Bromwich.  For me supporting and developing the next generation of engineers is the biggest benefit to the company, and I find it very rewarding.

Here our CEO is keen to encourage our Engineers to become Chartered and begin mentoring our new Apprentices, Graduates and Junior Engineers.  He recently hired a dedicated Competency developer to drive our Professional Engineering Development Committee forward, of which I am an active member.

I mentor Graduates and Junior Engineers to collate their engineering competency experience against the criteria in the UK Engineering spec, and report their yearly progress via the use of a tracker.  This allows us to demonstrate their development progress to date and identify areas in need of development for the following year, via personal SMART objects, with their home team management.  This allows the mentee to feel supported and also gives them a path to develop their experience, in order to achieve either EngTECH, IEng or CEng accreditation.

I wish you good luck in your efforts.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Benson,

I'm a Chartered Engineer and a Professional Registration Mentor with Jaguar Land Rover, based at Castle Bromwich.  For me supporting and developing the next generation of engineers is the biggest benefit to the company, and I find it very rewarding.

Here our CEO is keen to encourage our Engineers to become Chartered and begin mentoring our new Apprentices, Graduates and Junior Engineers.  He recently hired a dedicated Competency developer to drive our Professional Engineering Development Committee forward, of which I am an active member.

I mentor Graduates and Junior Engineers to collate their engineering competency experience against the criteria in the UK Engineering spec, and report their yearly progress via the use of a tracker.  This allows us to demonstrate their development progress to date and identify areas in need of development for the following year, via personal SMART objects, with their home team management.  This allows the mentee to feel supported and also gives them a path to develop their experience, in order to achieve either EngTECH, IEng or CEng accreditation.

I wish you good luck in your efforts.
Children
No Data