This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

ARE CENG AND IENG EQUAL IN STATUS

Can we say that the CEng and IEng be considered equal titles in professional status or IEng is inferior than CEng.

As the Application Form for both CEng and IEng is same.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

In UK the pinnacle of professional is usually a Chartered status. As such the public generally speaking know that there is an accountant and then Chartered accountant as a top.
    Also academic requirements for Chartered Engineer are higher then the academic requirements for Incorporated Engineers.
    I had the honor to be IEng and progress to CEng.
    Internationally IEng is aligned to what is in other countries Engineering Technologist.
    All are equally important to the Engineering teams, that includes EngTech, IEng and CEng.
    IEng may also hold Maters degree and perform very high level so there is difference between the competencies of the same level registered professionals. And there are non registered Engineers.

For example in USA we have Registered Nurse qualification or RN.

There are RN's with ASN, BSN(Bachelors of Nursing Science) , MSN ( Masters degree in Nursing Science) and I seen even DSN degrees all are Registered Nurses but hold different levels of academic degrees and work responsibilities.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

In UK the pinnacle of professional is usually a Chartered status. As such the public generally speaking know that there is an accountant and then Chartered accountant as a top.
    Also academic requirements for Chartered Engineer are higher then the academic requirements for Incorporated Engineers.
    I had the honor to be IEng and progress to CEng.
    Internationally IEng is aligned to what is in other countries Engineering Technologist.
    All are equally important to the Engineering teams, that includes EngTech, IEng and CEng.
    IEng may also hold Maters degree and perform very high level so there is difference between the competencies of the same level registered professionals. And there are non registered Engineers.

For example in USA we have Registered Nurse qualification or RN.

There are RN's with ASN, BSN(Bachelors of Nursing Science) , MSN ( Masters degree in Nursing Science) and I seen even DSN degrees all are Registered Nurses but hold different levels of academic degrees and work responsibilities.

Children
No Data