This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

ARE CENG AND IENG EQUAL IN STATUS

Can we say that the CEng and IEng be considered equal titles in professional status or IEng is inferior than CEng.

As the Application Form for both CEng and IEng is same.
Parents
  • Well!  i am pleased that healthy replies are coming.

If we say that IEng and CEng are the titles awarded to two distinct disciplines of knowledge (Degrees).  Therefore first professional is called the Engineering Technologist and last professional is called the Professional Engineer, accordingly to IEA (International Engineering Alliance).  And there are examples that both kind of professionals have degress from Bachelor up to Doctorate (PhD).  Both professionals have their own specifice job responsibilities.

If above is true, then it is not understandable that why do the EC UK (through UK SPEC) award the IEng and CEng titles to both kind of professionals at the same time and differentiate the titles with respect to level of studies i.e. Bachelors (either Engineering or Technology) for IEng and Masters (either Engineering or Technology) for CEng.  It seems that the ECUK is not only the same lines as the IEA.

• Well!  i am pleased that healthy replies are coming.

If we say that IEng and CEng are the titles awarded to two distinct disciplines of knowledge (Degrees).  Therefore first professional is called the Engineering Technologist and last professional is called the Professional Engineer, accordingly to IEA (International Engineering Alliance).  And there are examples that both kind of professionals have degress from Bachelor up to Doctorate (PhD).  Both professionals have their own specifice job responsibilities.

If above is true, then it is not understandable that why do the EC UK (through UK SPEC) award the IEng and CEng titles to both kind of professionals at the same time and differentiate the titles with respect to level of studies i.e. Bachelors (either Engineering or Technology) for IEng and Masters (either Engineering or Technology) for CEng.  It seems that the ECUK is not only the same lines as the IEA.

Children
No Data