This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

ARE CENG AND IENG EQUAL IN STATUS

Can we say that the CEng and IEng be considered equal titles in professional status or IEng is inferior than CEng.

As the Application Form for both CEng and IEng is same.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Najeeb,

Indeed, the field of Engineering is so wide that there is a variety Engineers on all levels be it R&D, or Applied R&D, Some elect to be more academic to teach in universities while others more applied to implement technologies.  now as some commented here UK is rec laming its Independence Brexit and it remains to see how this will affect if at all the UK Engineers and international standing of IEng.

The main effort needs to be among employers. How to make registered Engineers more desirable by employers? To have real cases of value added.

I think legislation can help as in some countries for public safety registered professionals are the core.

Employers interested in registered professionals and offer them better benefits.

For example it can be is additional pay in a form of continuing education fund,  etc, etc. I lived in one such country and worked for an employer that had what was Vocational Employee, Technician, Engineer, manager.

All had ranks and levels. I began as Technician level 9 it was after Military service as technician with 5 years experience. The requirement was also to be registered as technician in the national register similar as EngTech in UK.  My benefits and pay were significantly higher then a Vocational Employee on the same level 9.  The highest level was 12.

Employers preferred registered employees and I think legislation required by law that certain % must be registered.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Najeeb,

Indeed, the field of Engineering is so wide that there is a variety Engineers on all levels be it R&D, or Applied R&D, Some elect to be more academic to teach in universities while others more applied to implement technologies.  now as some commented here UK is rec laming its Independence Brexit and it remains to see how this will affect if at all the UK Engineers and international standing of IEng.

The main effort needs to be among employers. How to make registered Engineers more desirable by employers? To have real cases of value added.

I think legislation can help as in some countries for public safety registered professionals are the core.

Employers interested in registered professionals and offer them better benefits.

For example it can be is additional pay in a form of continuing education fund,  etc, etc. I lived in one such country and worked for an employer that had what was Vocational Employee, Technician, Engineer, manager.

All had ranks and levels. I began as Technician level 9 it was after Military service as technician with 5 years experience. The requirement was also to be registered as technician in the national register similar as EngTech in UK.  My benefits and pay were significantly higher then a Vocational Employee on the same level 9.  The highest level was 12.

Employers preferred registered employees and I think legislation required by law that certain % must be registered.

Children
No Data