This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

ARE CENG AND IENG EQUAL IN STATUS

Can we say that the CEng and IEng be considered equal titles in professional status or IEng is inferior than CEng.

As the Application Form for both CEng and IEng is same.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Nouman, interesting approach and good points that maydo justice to Technologists in UK but I don't know if it will be adopted.

CEng candidates have to demonstrate significant engineering technical (design competencies) and commercial leadership and management competencies.  UKSPEC

Would you require the same from CTech?  - Significant technical (applied competencies) and commercial leadership and management competencies with academic learning on the MTech or higher level. 

It makes alot of sence to me if a person studied Technology and earned degree in technology then they should be Technologist just like a person who studiet to become a Phycisian studied Medicine or Dental Medicine a Dentist etc.

I think becoming CHARTERED is the key, but the issue is that internationally the similar sounding qualification has different requirements this will add to frastration when it comes to mobility of Engineers and Technologists.

In the past Incorporated Engineer title had a higher number of votes then Chartered Technologist, the voters didn't want to let the "Engineer" word out of the title so this is a challange. 

IEng and ITech is also interesting proposal. I heard some recomed to change to Associate or Practitioner or Professional - Associate Engineer and Associate Technologist.

This way Technologist becomes its own profession and its about time. But it would be an uphill fight.

BCS UK has its own qualification of CITP - Chartered IT Professional, while efforts been made to boost it recognition and I think it did gained some additional recognition its still fighting for it place among Chartered professionals.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Nouman, interesting approach and good points that maydo justice to Technologists in UK but I don't know if it will be adopted.

CEng candidates have to demonstrate significant engineering technical (design competencies) and commercial leadership and management competencies.  UKSPEC

Would you require the same from CTech?  - Significant technical (applied competencies) and commercial leadership and management competencies with academic learning on the MTech or higher level. 

It makes alot of sence to me if a person studied Technology and earned degree in technology then they should be Technologist just like a person who studiet to become a Phycisian studied Medicine or Dental Medicine a Dentist etc.

I think becoming CHARTERED is the key, but the issue is that internationally the similar sounding qualification has different requirements this will add to frastration when it comes to mobility of Engineers and Technologists.

In the past Incorporated Engineer title had a higher number of votes then Chartered Technologist, the voters didn't want to let the "Engineer" word out of the title so this is a challange. 

IEng and ITech is also interesting proposal. I heard some recomed to change to Associate or Practitioner or Professional - Associate Engineer and Associate Technologist.

This way Technologist becomes its own profession and its about time. But it would be an uphill fight.

BCS UK has its own qualification of CITP - Chartered IT Professional, while efforts been made to boost it recognition and I think it did gained some additional recognition its still fighting for it place among Chartered professionals.

Children
No Data