This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

ARE CENG AND IENG EQUAL IN STATUS

Can we say that the CEng and IEng be considered equal titles in professional status or IEng is inferior than CEng.

As the Application Form for both CEng and IEng is same.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Gentlemen,

All of this has been discussed over and over again when I was a member of the IMechIE, IIE and recently the IET.

Nothing will change as the direction and rules of the institutions are all revised by members who are mostly CEng's and in the majority on the boards. Especially when some of them gained CEng with HNC and by an apprenticship route, when those where the requirements.

Think how former IEng's  like myself felt like when "Different but Equal " to CEng's was removed with the changes to the Standards by the ECUK.

Daniel.

(Retired IEng. HNC 1965.)

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Gentlemen,

All of this has been discussed over and over again when I was a member of the IMechIE, IIE and recently the IET.

Nothing will change as the direction and rules of the institutions are all revised by members who are mostly CEng's and in the majority on the boards. Especially when some of them gained CEng with HNC and by an apprenticship route, when those where the requirements.

Think how former IEng's  like myself felt like when "Different but Equal " to CEng's was removed with the changes to the Standards by the ECUK.

Daniel.

(Retired IEng. HNC 1965.)

Children
No Data