This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Shortage of broadcast engineers?

At IBC this year MMC Committee members spoke to many exhibitors with the aim of understanding what the next big technology would be. But the biggest concern we encourntered was "where are the next generation of engineers going to come from?" Many companies are already reportdly struggling to recruit employees with the right skills. 

What do you think the answer will be?
Parents
  • When talking to a BBC R&D member last year at IBC they said they really struggle to find individuals with the right academic and technical skills but who have sufficient soft skills too - such as strong presentation and communication skills.

In my own personal job applications I know many large organizations that deal with thousands of applications use filtering systems to scan CVs/applications or questionnaires and you receive an initial rejection within minutes.
  • When talking to a BBC R&D member last year at IBC they said they really struggle to find individuals with the right academic and technical skills but who have sufficient soft skills too - such as strong presentation and communication skills.

In my own personal job applications I know many large organizations that deal with thousands of applications use filtering systems to scan CVs/applications or questionnaires and you receive an initial rejection within minutes.
Children
No Data