This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Shortage of broadcast engineers?

At IBC this year MMC Committee members spoke to many exhibitors with the aim of understanding what the next big technology would be. But the biggest concern we encourntered was "where are the next generation of engineers going to come from?" Many companies are already reportdly struggling to recruit employees with the right skills. 

What do you think the answer will be?
Parents
  • Very interesting discussion considering the conversations going on in my house just now.

My elder son is about to start year 10, so two years until GCSEs. He has an interest in this type of career. In June 2018 he has a potential week for work experience. What work experience opportunities could or should we be looking for? Any advice appreciated.

I have already managed to get him backstage at SP and on Sunday last he (and I) had a quick look inside a Radio 3 truck at the Albert Hall. He is excited by it all - particularly the sound side.

He already volunteers for his school productions but are there other outlets he should be looking at?

Academically he does well, but university might not suit him. So are there other routes for him to aim for? How realisitc are those routes?

Any advice welcome and appreciated - thank you.
  • Very interesting discussion considering the conversations going on in my house just now.

My elder son is about to start year 10, so two years until GCSEs. He has an interest in this type of career. In June 2018 he has a potential week for work experience. What work experience opportunities could or should we be looking for? Any advice appreciated.

I have already managed to get him backstage at SP and on Sunday last he (and I) had a quick look inside a Radio 3 truck at the Albert Hall. He is excited by it all - particularly the sound side.

He already volunteers for his school productions but are there other outlets he should be looking at?

Academically he does well, but university might not suit him. So are there other routes for him to aim for? How realisitc are those routes?

Any advice welcome and appreciated - thank you.
Children
No Data