This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Electromagnetics network discussion page on Engineering Communities!
This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions to start you off - feel free to answer all, none or add your own!

Name:
Brief career history:
What interests you about Electromagnetics:
Other interests:

Parents
  • Philip Oakley

Hi, As a systems engineer (among other things) I'm interested in internal system EMC, especially for camera systems requiring a low noise floor, and how to flow down EMC requirements to such internal systems as there appears to be no standards nor guidance on this very important issue. When your component is inside the Faraday cage, you have to beware of your neighbours, and the vicissitudes of the EMC filter guardians.

I'm also interested in the proper use of Maxwell's equations, whether its the NASA thruster (of course it works), or the Hately antenna concepts where the historic simplifications of Maxwell's equations tend to mean that curvature is ignored. (for the interested folks, see how many pages it takes to write Maxwell's equations in Quaternionic form - it's in his book).

Discussions about internal EMC testing welcome!
  • Philip Oakley

Hi, As a systems engineer (among other things) I'm interested in internal system EMC, especially for camera systems requiring a low noise floor, and how to flow down EMC requirements to such internal systems as there appears to be no standards nor guidance on this very important issue. When your component is inside the Faraday cage, you have to beware of your neighbours, and the vicissitudes of the EMC filter guardians.

I'm also interested in the proper use of Maxwell's equations, whether its the NASA thruster (of course it works), or the Hately antenna concepts where the historic simplifications of Maxwell's equations tend to mean that curvature is ignored. (for the interested folks, see how many pages it takes to write Maxwell's equations in Quaternionic form - it's in his book).

Discussions about internal EMC testing welcome!
Children
No Data