This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What is Fellowship?

I'm not sure which forum this belongs in, this seems to be the closest?

A question, what is Fellowship in the context of the IET? Is it the recognition by the profession of somebody who stands out in their field, their profession and in general as an engineer and character? Or is it just a "supersize" membership.

As the only route to Fellowship of the IET seems to be by applying on your own behalf, it looks like the latter. There doesn't seem to be any scope for recognising those engineers who really do stand out, but aren't self-seeking enough to look for recognition. I know personally some engineers who in my opinion are natural Fellows but would never put themselves forward for this recognition.
Parents
  • I can sympathise with what you are saying, however how would it work in practice? How does the institution monitor its 160,000+ members and identify who is worthy of Fellowship? In most cases, it has to be the individual bringing their talents to the attention of the IET doesn't it?

Regards,
  • I can sympathise with what you are saying, however how would it work in practice? How does the institution monitor its 160,000+ members and identify who is worthy of Fellowship? In most cases, it has to be the individual bringing their talents to the attention of the IET doesn't it?

Regards,
Children
No Data