This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Aerospace discussion page on Engineering Communities!

This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions to start you off:

Name:
Brief career history:
What interests you about Aerospace
Other interests:

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi there,
    I'm Janice Man. I obtained my BEng at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and MSc(Eng) at the University of Luverpool. I worked on embedded software of aircrafts since 2006 and have moved to the space industry recently. Currenly I design a communication software for the ground segment of Ariane 6 rocket.

I enjoy working on embedded software of the Aerospace industry. As safety is always a main concern of our vehicles, the thought process of designing safety-critical embedded software is a challenge. Besides, customers always push functionalities and timing requirements as far as possible, which make software design more challenging. Also, when going through the verification&validation phase, the robustness of testing is required to ensure the aircrafts are fit-for-purpose. This is not easy to fully achieved as well.

Other interest... well I enjoy volunteering with the IET. I've been a volunteer for more than 14 years and am still going forward. It's great to feel I'm contributing to the institution as I'm a member of the IET family. Also personally, I like travelling around the world with my backpack. Apart from Antarctic, I've been to all the continent of the world!

Janice
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi there,
    I'm Janice Man. I obtained my BEng at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and MSc(Eng) at the University of Luverpool. I worked on embedded software of aircrafts since 2006 and have moved to the space industry recently. Currenly I design a communication software for the ground segment of Ariane 6 rocket.

I enjoy working on embedded software of the Aerospace industry. As safety is always a main concern of our vehicles, the thought process of designing safety-critical embedded software is a challenge. Besides, customers always push functionalities and timing requirements as far as possible, which make software design more challenging. Also, when going through the verification&validation phase, the robustness of testing is required to ensure the aircrafts are fit-for-purpose. This is not easy to fully achieved as well.

Other interest... well I enjoy volunteering with the IET. I've been a volunteer for more than 14 years and am still going forward. It's great to feel I'm contributing to the institution as I'm a member of the IET family. Also personally, I like travelling around the world with my backpack. Apart from Antarctic, I've been to all the continent of the world!

Janice
Children
No Data