This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

City and Guilds MCGI

Former Community Member
Former Community Member

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Kenneth, hello from the  USA.
    City & Guilds the regulations, rules change with the time.
    When I earned LCGI, GCGI, MCGI there was a different process in place, direct application rout. For example my Air Force qualifications, training and 5 years of approved experience in the technical role in the military made me eligible for LCGI in Electronics. I also hold Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering Technology - Accredited in USA and recognized by my employers past and current..As of mid 80s I been an Associate member of institution of Engineers and Technicians so my connection to UK is going way back.I also studied in ICS UK in the mid 80s.
    The C&G award I earned was called Senior Award.

I had qualifications that made me eligible for direct rout application. Some people in the past also used portfolio rout that required interview in person in UK.

The C&G rules changed in 2013, the direct rout to the award was discontinued.

My GCGI and  MCGI in USA was evaluated by number of NACES member services and equated to US Bachelors degree and  Masters of Engineering.degree from US Accredited University. 

Today I understand the awards can be earned via approved centers.

Did you communicate with C&G about the challenges you get trying to earn the PRA award?

I always recomend if you can to get formal education to earn an accredited degree. 

Also depends onthe job, there is the option to take classes to bring your knowladge to higher level.
    https://www.edx.org/

Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.

With more than 90 global partners, we are proud to count the world’s leading universities, nonprofits, and institutions as our members. EdX university members top the QS World University RankingsRegistered with our founders receiving the top honors, and edX partner institutions ranking highly on the full list.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Kenneth, hello from the  USA.
    City & Guilds the regulations, rules change with the time.
    When I earned LCGI, GCGI, MCGI there was a different process in place, direct application rout. For example my Air Force qualifications, training and 5 years of approved experience in the technical role in the military made me eligible for LCGI in Electronics. I also hold Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering Technology - Accredited in USA and recognized by my employers past and current..As of mid 80s I been an Associate member of institution of Engineers and Technicians so my connection to UK is going way back.I also studied in ICS UK in the mid 80s.
    The C&G award I earned was called Senior Award.

I had qualifications that made me eligible for direct rout application. Some people in the past also used portfolio rout that required interview in person in UK.

The C&G rules changed in 2013, the direct rout to the award was discontinued.

My GCGI and  MCGI in USA was evaluated by number of NACES member services and equated to US Bachelors degree and  Masters of Engineering.degree from US Accredited University. 

Today I understand the awards can be earned via approved centers.

Did you communicate with C&G about the challenges you get trying to earn the PRA award?

I always recomend if you can to get formal education to earn an accredited degree. 

Also depends onthe job, there is the option to take classes to bring your knowladge to higher level.
    https://www.edx.org/

Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.

With more than 90 global partners, we are proud to count the world’s leading universities, nonprofits, and institutions as our members. EdX university members top the QS World University RankingsRegistered with our founders receiving the top honors, and edX partner institutions ranking highly on the full list.
Children
No Data