This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

City and Guilds MCGI

Former Community Member
Former Community Member

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I don't think I would try it to get evaluated in US. Fellowship stands on its own.

If I want Doctorate I would have to earn it by doing the studying and dissertation etc.

Fellowship is more of Honorary award.

The MCGI in Engineering is equated to MEng degree and is more of a professional qualification, its accredited on level 7 on QCF.

Being awarded by Royal Charter and carrying academic value it not a Honorary but a Professional award.

www.accreditedqualifications.org.uk/qualifications-and-credit-framework-qcf.html

Here is how Senior Awards were labeled:

www.dalelane.co.uk/.../lcgi.htm

What levels are there?

Licentiateship (LCGI)

At the level of Master Craftsman in Europe and towards the level of National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 4. There are currently over 70 routes to the Licentiateship.

Graduateship (GCGI)

At the level of a British Honours degree.

Membership (MCGI)

At the level of a Master's degree.

Fellowship (FCGI)

The highest level of professional achievement.

Holders of City & Guilds Senior Awards are entitled to use appropriate post nominal letters (LCGI, GCGI, MCGI, FCGI) and wear the approved formal dress of gown, hood and mortar board and attend the annual graduation ceremony.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I don't think I would try it to get evaluated in US. Fellowship stands on its own.

If I want Doctorate I would have to earn it by doing the studying and dissertation etc.

Fellowship is more of Honorary award.

The MCGI in Engineering is equated to MEng degree and is more of a professional qualification, its accredited on level 7 on QCF.

Being awarded by Royal Charter and carrying academic value it not a Honorary but a Professional award.

www.accreditedqualifications.org.uk/qualifications-and-credit-framework-qcf.html

Here is how Senior Awards were labeled:

www.dalelane.co.uk/.../lcgi.htm

What levels are there?

Licentiateship (LCGI)

At the level of Master Craftsman in Europe and towards the level of National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 4. There are currently over 70 routes to the Licentiateship.

Graduateship (GCGI)

At the level of a British Honours degree.

Membership (MCGI)

At the level of a Master's degree.

Fellowship (FCGI)

The highest level of professional achievement.

Holders of City & Guilds Senior Awards are entitled to use appropriate post nominal letters (LCGI, GCGI, MCGI, FCGI) and wear the approved formal dress of gown, hood and mortar board and attend the annual graduation ceremony.

Children
No Data