This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

City and Guilds MCGI

Former Community Member
Former Community Member

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    In my opinion, the Graduate and Post graduate diploma in Engineering from C&G is another way to earn a qualification that is according to C&G is recognized by IET and some other PEI's 

as a qualifying academic qualification for the professional registration as IEng and CEng. - designed to meet the UK-SPEC requirements and to be recognised by the UK professional engineering institutions. Some lerning centers may award 

Also, there is a list/supplement of classes taken, exams etc. This would be considered in the US as Regionally Accredited equivalent.

I don't know if they will be considered in other countries as Washington or Sydney accord qualifying, I can be wrong.

Are they officially accredited by IET or another EC licensed PEI?

A C&G center in another country may be the only option in some areas for the local learners, then recognized diploma (final year of BEng) or Post graduate diploma (MEng) under the UK Royal Charter is a way to advance the profession.

I think the graduate diploma in engineering can be accepted into MEng degree program.

In the USA it will be evaluated as Bachelor of engineering degree but I don't know how professional licensing boards will evaluate it.

This is my opinion, I'm not an expert on these matters,

M M Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET, CBT.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    In my opinion, the Graduate and Post graduate diploma in Engineering from C&G is another way to earn a qualification that is according to C&G is recognized by IET and some other PEI's 

as a qualifying academic qualification for the professional registration as IEng and CEng. - designed to meet the UK-SPEC requirements and to be recognised by the UK professional engineering institutions. Some lerning centers may award 

Also, there is a list/supplement of classes taken, exams etc. This would be considered in the US as Regionally Accredited equivalent.

I don't know if they will be considered in other countries as Washington or Sydney accord qualifying, I can be wrong.

Are they officially accredited by IET or another EC licensed PEI?

A C&G center in another country may be the only option in some areas for the local learners, then recognized diploma (final year of BEng) or Post graduate diploma (MEng) under the UK Royal Charter is a way to advance the profession.

I think the graduate diploma in engineering can be accepted into MEng degree program.

In the USA it will be evaluated as Bachelor of engineering degree but I don't know how professional licensing boards will evaluate it.

This is my opinion, I'm not an expert on these matters,

M M Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET, CBT.

Children
No Data