This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

City and Guilds MCGI

Former Community Member
Former Community Member

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Mr. Lai,

Just like the EngTech, IEng and CEng all are in Engineering and not stating if its mechanical, electrical, electronics, water etc its general.

The same with GCGI in Engineering via IEng rout. Becuase IEng is not specifying the area of engineering so the GCGI diploma.But If you state Graduateship just the word Graduate

is sufficient.  The majority see Graduateship as a Graduate of City and Guilds of London Insitute. and Licenstiatship also well known in Europe term.

When a coworker earned a BA degree from the Open University of Israel the diploma stated this is with honor we confer on such and such the title Graduate of the Open University.

I think if my memory serves me well the LCGI had 72 different areas.  I don't really need to equate to levels.  As being Licensee and Graduate of C&G London Institute is a great achievement.

As to how to present the qualifications in other countries, it varies.

In many countries, there is an agency that evaluates foreign credentials.  For example, in Israel for registration as an Engineer, they don't accept work based, APEL etc, they want traditional or on line such as OU classes of 4 years and 160 quarter credits I think.

Yet employers will accept if the candidate has the right experience and attitude, can hit the floor running.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Mr. Lai,

Just like the EngTech, IEng and CEng all are in Engineering and not stating if its mechanical, electrical, electronics, water etc its general.

The same with GCGI in Engineering via IEng rout. Becuase IEng is not specifying the area of engineering so the GCGI diploma.But If you state Graduateship just the word Graduate

is sufficient.  The majority see Graduateship as a Graduate of City and Guilds of London Insitute. and Licenstiatship also well known in Europe term.

When a coworker earned a BA degree from the Open University of Israel the diploma stated this is with honor we confer on such and such the title Graduate of the Open University.

I think if my memory serves me well the LCGI had 72 different areas.  I don't really need to equate to levels.  As being Licensee and Graduate of C&G London Institute is a great achievement.

As to how to present the qualifications in other countries, it varies.

In many countries, there is an agency that evaluates foreign credentials.  For example, in Israel for registration as an Engineer, they don't accept work based, APEL etc, they want traditional or on line such as OU classes of 4 years and 160 quarter credits I think.

Yet employers will accept if the candidate has the right experience and attitude, can hit the floor running.

Children
No Data