This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

City and Guilds MCGI

Former Community Member
Former Community Member

Parents
  • This is really quite interesting...I've just had a look at the C&G website to see what the criteria are www.cityandguilds.com/.../9200-professional-recognition-awards

It looks to me as if anyone eligible for MCGI wouldn't bother to get it, as their track record would be far more of a sellling point?

I tend to feel that with regard to job hunting qualifications are only really useful to get through the HR or recruitment agency screening filter, and I can't imagine any of the recruitment staff I have worked with having any idea what MCGI is. (And I suspect that putting "equivalent to MEng" would make the candidate look like someone too complicated to be worth dealing with.) But it would be interesting to hear if people have actually found that it has been recognised?

Not that I would ever dissuade anyone from getting a qualification or certification for their own development - or, indeed, just interest.

I've just tried finding out how you would actually get MCGI, it's highly entertaining. The C&G website will let you find a number of centres if you search for "mcgi", but so far not one of the centres they list that I have looked at come up with any results for mcgi in their search engine. Not even the Canine Studies Centre at The Dog Hut Biz, Polegate. So I guess that's the qualification - if you can find out how to get MCGI then you've earned it!!!

Unless I've completely misunderstood the C&G website FCGI is rather different, far more like an Honorary Doctorate than a Doctorate?

Cheers, Andy

• This is really quite interesting...I've just had a look at the C&G website to see what the criteria are www.cityandguilds.com/.../9200-professional-recognition-awards

It looks to me as if anyone eligible for MCGI wouldn't bother to get it, as their track record would be far more of a sellling point?

I tend to feel that with regard to job hunting qualifications are only really useful to get through the HR or recruitment agency screening filter, and I can't imagine any of the recruitment staff I have worked with having any idea what MCGI is. (And I suspect that putting "equivalent to MEng" would make the candidate look like someone too complicated to be worth dealing with.) But it would be interesting to hear if people have actually found that it has been recognised?

Not that I would ever dissuade anyone from getting a qualification or certification for their own development - or, indeed, just interest.

I've just tried finding out how you would actually get MCGI, it's highly entertaining. The C&G website will let you find a number of centres if you search for "mcgi", but so far not one of the centres they list that I have looked at come up with any results for mcgi in their search engine. Not even the Canine Studies Centre at The Dog Hut Biz, Polegate. So I guess that's the qualification - if you can find out how to get MCGI then you've earned it!!!

Unless I've completely misunderstood the C&G website FCGI is rather different, far more like an Honorary Doctorate than a Doctorate?

Cheers, Andy

Children
No Data