This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Does spending 2 days performing open loom surgery on my sons' moped count as part of the maker/mender culture?

Traced to rotted connections under the bottom of the frame, and, the wires were very blackened and corroded internally, so had do cut about a dozen out and splice in new, solder (carefully) & heat shrink, then self-amalgam up the remaining joints we opened for inspection, then re-tape the whole loom almost from clocks, back to under the seat
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Does spending 2 days performing open loom surgery on my sons' moped count as part of the maker/mender culture?

Traced to rotted connections under the bottom of the frame, and, the wires were very blackened and corroded internally, so had do cut about a dozen out and splice in new, solder (carefully) & heat shrink, then self-amalgam up the remaining joints we opened for inspection, then re-tape the whole loom almost from clocks, back to under the seat
Children
No Data