This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • Well.... readers of my blog The Geekette  and some of the IET volunteers that I've worked with can tell you all about my fascination with making and fixing stuff! wink

So far I fixed my old washing machine three times, my old tumble drier twice, my old gas boiler twice, re-wired a de-fuzzer, a set of battery powered lights and some solar lights that were broken, and taken apart a solar ornament to identify why its not working (although it's still in pieces at the moment as I need a better soldering iron...) AND used to tinker with my old Austin Metro car and my old Yamaha Bee Wizz that I used to zoom around on in my early twenties (many years ago now).

Making stuff? I currently have in mind to make an artsy looking solar powered water fountain out of some surplus copper tubing I have lying around, a mini water pump and a couple of solar cells I have spare (from tinkering with some cheap solar lights that never really worked)

So although I'm not strictly an Engineer, I guess I am one of the Maker/Mender movement? wink

• Well.... readers of my blog The Geekette  and some of the IET volunteers that I've worked with can tell you all about my fascination with making and fixing stuff! wink

So far I fixed my old washing machine three times, my old tumble drier twice, my old gas boiler twice, re-wired a de-fuzzer, a set of battery powered lights and some solar lights that were broken, and taken apart a solar ornament to identify why its not working (although it's still in pieces at the moment as I need a better soldering iron...) AND used to tinker with my old Austin Metro car and my old Yamaha Bee Wizz that I used to zoom around on in my early twenties (many years ago now).

Making stuff? I currently have in mind to make an artsy looking solar powered water fountain out of some surplus copper tubing I have lying around, a mini water pump and a couple of solar cells I have spare (from tinkering with some cheap solar lights that never really worked)

So although I'm not strictly an Engineer, I guess I am one of the Maker/Mender movement? wink

Children
No Data