This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • To be honest Andy I have not seen the ‘repair shop’ as yet, however it would be great with hints of what products to avoid especially with all the different types of equipment available. Everyone thought the USB port sockets were a great design but there were some unsafe ones produced, not only that but the transformers at the rear of the sockets are on all the time with nothing plugged in! What is the longevity of this? More consumer friendly programmes are needed as everyone needs to learn on a daily basis. Repairing things is great, the question I would be asking is why did they break in the first place?

Regards

Dave
  • To be honest Andy I have not seen the ‘repair shop’ as yet, however it would be great with hints of what products to avoid especially with all the different types of equipment available. Everyone thought the USB port sockets were a great design but there were some unsafe ones produced, not only that but the transformers at the rear of the sockets are on all the time with nothing plugged in! What is the longevity of this? More consumer friendly programmes are needed as everyone needs to learn on a daily basis. Repairing things is great, the question I would be asking is why did they break in the first place?

Regards

Dave
Children
No Data