This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents

• Glad you liked it, thank you! smiley

And here's today's example of old and new joined together - I just finished this at lunchtime. It's my parents old mantle clock which I think they were given as a wedding present, which would make it 1939. It hasn't worked since the early 1980s - and was pretty inaccurate throughout my childhood. I've now fitted a quartz movement, the particular skeleton movement I chose involved an interesting drilling job over the weekend cutting a dead straight and circular 130mm diameter hole!

Cheers,

Andy

cce610a05381c33c6aeadd0b8a8a1723-huge-img_0188.jpg  

P.S. I feel I should add that they threw it out in the late 1970s when Dad was given a carriage clock as a retirement present - I rescued it from the bin, took it with me to university and used it as long as I could, and was determined to get it working properly one day - did take me a while to get around to it!!!

• Glad you liked it, thank you! smiley

And here's today's example of old and new joined together - I just finished this at lunchtime. It's my parents old mantle clock which I think they were given as a wedding present, which would make it 1939. It hasn't worked since the early 1980s - and was pretty inaccurate throughout my childhood. I've now fitted a quartz movement, the particular skeleton movement I chose involved an interesting drilling job over the weekend cutting a dead straight and circular 130mm diameter hole!

Cheers,

Andy

cce610a05381c33c6aeadd0b8a8a1723-huge-img_0188.jpg  

P.S. I feel I should add that they threw it out in the late 1970s when Dad was given a carriage clock as a retirement present - I rescued it from the bin, took it with me to university and used it as long as I could, and was determined to get it working properly one day - did take me a while to get around to it!!!
Children
No Data