This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • Yesterday I thought I'd better start my serious clear out of my workshop and various sheds (this is going to take months). One of the first things I threw out was an old washing machine motor that had been there for years. But I thought I'd keep the capacitor "just in case".

Tonight, the motor capacitor in our tumble dryer blew. And yes, it was 8uF

Sometimes life just works right smiley (If that capacitor had blown two days ago I probably wouldn't have even remembered that I had one!)

• Yesterday I thought I'd better start my serious clear out of my workshop and various sheds (this is going to take months). One of the first things I threw out was an old washing machine motor that had been there for years. But I thought I'd keep the capacitor "just in case".

Tonight, the motor capacitor in our tumble dryer blew. And yes, it was 8uF

Sometimes life just works right smiley (If that capacitor had blown two days ago I probably wouldn't have even remembered that I had one!)

Children
No Data