This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • There has been massive grade inflation in recent years, so 25% of students getting a 1st is the new normal.

When I was a student, the fees were paid by my local education authority.  If I wanted a good degree, I had to turn up for the lectures and pay attention.

These days, students have to pay for their own tuition.  If you are paying £27000 for a degree, then you want a good one, and a lower 2nd just isn't going to cut it.  So if you turn up for a couple of lectures and can spell your name right on the exam form, you'll get an upper 2nd.  If you actually bother to study, you'll get a 1st.  Any university that didn't do that would soon find it had no students.
  • There has been massive grade inflation in recent years, so 25% of students getting a 1st is the new normal.

When I was a student, the fees were paid by my local education authority.  If I wanted a good degree, I had to turn up for the lectures and pay attention.

These days, students have to pay for their own tuition.  If you are paying £27000 for a degree, then you want a good one, and a lower 2nd just isn't going to cut it.  So if you turn up for a couple of lectures and can spell your name right on the exam form, you'll get an upper 2nd.  If you actually bother to study, you'll get a 1st.  Any university that didn't do that would soon find it had no students.
Children
No Data