This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • Hi Andy,

For many years I was an engineering manager with a well known railway signalling company, I always used to love showing visitors round our repair section where we were repairing 50 year old equipment we'd originally supplied. People outside the industry would always say "surely that's bad business? don't you want to sell them new stuff?" People inside the industry understood that our reputation rested on both the long term reliability of the equipment, and even then being prepared to repair and restore the equipment to keep that iteration running as long as humanly possible...

Cheers,

Andy

• Hi Andy,

For many years I was an engineering manager with a well known railway signalling company, I always used to love showing visitors round our repair section where we were repairing 50 year old equipment we'd originally supplied. People outside the industry would always say "surely that's bad business? don't you want to sell them new stuff?" People inside the industry understood that our reputation rested on both the long term reliability of the equipment, and even then being prepared to repair and restore the equipment to keep that iteration running as long as humanly possible...

Cheers,

Andy

Children
No Data