This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • David Dunmore:

David, I never have extended warranties, as you say they're not worth paying for.

The first freezer I bought had the option of a five year extended warranty for £100 - the cost of the freezer was £105 so I took the risk of a £5 loss. I only know of one instance where an extended warranty was worth the money, as a colleague took an extended warranty on his washing machine, and three months before the extended warranty ran out the drum came off the bearings during the 1500rpm spin......

• David Dunmore:

David, I never have extended warranties, as you say they're not worth paying for.

The first freezer I bought had the option of a five year extended warranty for £100 - the cost of the freezer was £105 so I took the risk of a £5 loss. I only know of one instance where an extended warranty was worth the money, as a colleague took an extended warranty on his washing machine, and three months before the extended warranty ran out the drum came off the bearings during the 1500rpm spin......

Children
No Data