This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • HI, Keep it up, but sometimes it's hard to accept that something is just not worth repairing any more. I'm happier with electrical things and computers (Retired IT developer/analyst.consultant and electrician) I'm hoping electronica will become more repairable - just replacing the battery in a phone can be a challenge with all-glass phones.

I'm looking for a phone with a replaceable battery, the best bet seems to be the PinePhone, or some of the really cheap Chinese ones (XGody phones are a bit basic but most still have replaceable batteries).

Oh, and I'm 'playing' with my new toy (A 3D printer) and the required software to design (Sketchup and OpenSCAD) and prepare the design for printing (Cura). There are several sites that offer ready made files for printing (Thingiverse.com is huge and all the things are free to download and use. Other sites are available).
  • HI, Keep it up, but sometimes it's hard to accept that something is just not worth repairing any more. I'm happier with electrical things and computers (Retired IT developer/analyst.consultant and electrician) I'm hoping electronica will become more repairable - just replacing the battery in a phone can be a challenge with all-glass phones.

I'm looking for a phone with a replaceable battery, the best bet seems to be the PinePhone, or some of the really cheap Chinese ones (XGody phones are a bit basic but most still have replaceable batteries).

Oh, and I'm 'playing' with my new toy (A 3D printer) and the required software to design (Sketchup and OpenSCAD) and prepare the design for printing (Cura). There are several sites that offer ready made files for printing (Thingiverse.com is huge and all the things are free to download and use. Other sites are available).
Children
No Data