This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • We managed to get a new pump for our 32 year old Worcester Heat Slave boiler last week. The first fitter who looked at the boiler said it was the heat exchanger which was an obsolete part but we weren't convinced, as my husband whose an engineer thought it was the pump.  Second fitter concurred and new pump was ordered and fitted as that turned out to be a general part used on lots of boilers. Dreading the circuit board going though as they are definitely obsolete now.  Might have to bite the bullet at some point and replace the boiler as we realise it won't be particularly efficient compared to the new ones.
  • We managed to get a new pump for our 32 year old Worcester Heat Slave boiler last week. The first fitter who looked at the boiler said it was the heat exchanger which was an obsolete part but we weren't convinced, as my husband whose an engineer thought it was the pump.  Second fitter concurred and new pump was ordered and fitted as that turned out to be a general part used on lots of boilers. Dreading the circuit board going though as they are definitely obsolete now.  Might have to bite the bullet at some point and replace the boiler as we realise it won't be particularly efficient compared to the new ones.
Children
No Data