This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maker Movement / Mending Things

Having finally received my E&T and read the section on repairing consumer items I wondered how many people here  actually mend/make things?

To start thing off I have attached a couple of pictures of recent repairs I have made. Did it make sense to make these repairs? I think so.

c04bbf54d6eaed567b1d64f690b8bcb5-huge-fridge-icebox-door-hinge-repair.jpg

09c4eb6b07e6a755f957564934bf5b49-huge-suitcase-wheel-repair.jpg

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • Pre COVID I was volunteering in my local YMCA charity shop as a PAT tester. We regularly had sets of Christmas lights from November through to January. The older ones with incandescent bulbs were usually fine (Working and tested As safe. LED sets sometimes failed class ll insulation test at 1 Megohm despite functioning correctly. What happened to decent  engineering for durability?
  • Pre COVID I was volunteering in my local YMCA charity shop as a PAT tester. We regularly had sets of Christmas lights from November through to January. The older ones with incandescent bulbs were usually fine (Working and tested As safe. LED sets sometimes failed class ll insulation test at 1 Megohm despite functioning correctly. What happened to decent  engineering for durability?
Children
No Data