This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Using subcontract testing company/personnel

As a business we sub contract out the electrical installation of our systems to outside companies. As part of the project deliverables, we ask these companies to test the electrical installation and produce the required documentation (certificate of electrical installation).

We check the companies to make sure they have the correct qualifications and personnel and they are accredited to the required standards and controlling organisations. 

Our business has the correct insurance and complies with the correct standards etc.

My question is this, do we as a business have to be accreditied to the same governing body as the installation company e.g. NIC/EIC to be able to sign off/check there work or are we covered?

Regards

Patrick Allen
Parents
  • I see no advantage to "signing off" subcontractors work, they should provide you with the Electrical Installation Certificates. If you start certifying subcontractors works then you are adopting their risk. If you want to check the quality of their work then put in place some witness testing procedures.

• I see no advantage to "signing off" subcontractors work, they should provide you with the Electrical Installation Certificates. If you start certifying subcontractors works then you are adopting their risk. If you want to check the quality of their work then put in place some witness testing procedures.

Children
No Data