This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Ten most dangerous airports - or should that be the most challenging airports?

I came across the above video on YouTube. I remember watching a television programme a few years ago about the ten most dangerous airports in the world, but there seems to be some new ones in this video. 

Have you ever flown in or out of any of those shown in this video and if so does the video match your experiences?
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I think the labelling as dangerous is somehow misleading. Everything can be dangerous if not managed properly. These airports inflict difficulties and atypical situations, but it seems that we have managed to control them. Do we have any figures showing that we have decreased safety levels at these locations or higher than the ones at other advanced airports? I would say for example that a modern airport with less challenging layout and surroundings but with hundreds of aircraft movements per unit of time can be more dangerous due to the complexity of managing the ground operations and airspace. To make the long story short, the fact that we still operate safely under the conditions these ten airports impose shows our incredible ability to adapt and our capability to harness known risks.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I think the labelling as dangerous is somehow misleading. Everything can be dangerous if not managed properly. These airports inflict difficulties and atypical situations, but it seems that we have managed to control them. Do we have any figures showing that we have decreased safety levels at these locations or higher than the ones at other advanced airports? I would say for example that a modern airport with less challenging layout and surroundings but with hundreds of aircraft movements per unit of time can be more dangerous due to the complexity of managing the ground operations and airspace. To make the long story short, the fact that we still operate safely under the conditions these ten airports impose shows our incredible ability to adapt and our capability to harness known risks.
Children
No Data