This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

C&G Professional Recognition Awards

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Afternoon all,

I've come across, and not found much infomation on the net regarding C&Gs PRAs like LCGI, AfCGI, GCGI and MCGI.

Maybe someone could clear this up for me, but my interpritation of what these are or are supposed to be, is something for people with experience in engineering but without the formal achademic qualifications - awarding a particular award based upon experience which some how corresponds to the type of qualification someone in their job would typically have? So for example, having a GCGI is like having a bachelors degree?

Are such qualifications actually worth having? Are they recognised by industry, or is it more a "buy a title" type situation?

If someone could explain what exactly these really are (and not just marketed as), and what their really worth etc. Sadly C&Gs give very limited info on their site (as per usual).

Lee.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Thanks for your input gents,

At present, doing a BEng long distance just isn't an option at present, with work and young kids I really don't have the time and probably won't for a couple of years now.

I am currently accumulating the required paperwork etc for IEng, which I believe (or so I hope!) stand a chance of obtaining due to my work experience plus the HND, as an alternative route to going directly with a BEng.

I was just wondering if getting a GCGI was a realistic possibility, as is obtaining IEng with just a HND. I've tried looking for places that offer it, but their appears to only be about three or four places that do it and none are for electrical engineering - so I have no idea, as I do not live in the UK, how id be able to obtain it even if I did have the relevant qualifications plus experience to get one. If anyone knows some where that offers GCGI in engineering, id greatly appreciate it. I've googled to no end, and found essentially nothing!

Thanks,

Lee.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Thanks for your input gents,

At present, doing a BEng long distance just isn't an option at present, with work and young kids I really don't have the time and probably won't for a couple of years now.

I am currently accumulating the required paperwork etc for IEng, which I believe (or so I hope!) stand a chance of obtaining due to my work experience plus the HND, as an alternative route to going directly with a BEng.

I was just wondering if getting a GCGI was a realistic possibility, as is obtaining IEng with just a HND. I've tried looking for places that offer it, but their appears to only be about three or four places that do it and none are for electrical engineering - so I have no idea, as I do not live in the UK, how id be able to obtain it even if I did have the relevant qualifications plus experience to get one. If anyone knows some where that offers GCGI in engineering, id greatly appreciate it. I've googled to no end, and found essentially nothing!

Thanks,

Lee.

Children
No Data