This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

C&G Professional Recognition Awards

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Afternoon all,

I've come across, and not found much infomation on the net regarding C&Gs PRAs like LCGI, AfCGI, GCGI and MCGI.

Maybe someone could clear this up for me, but my interpritation of what these are or are supposed to be, is something for people with experience in engineering but without the formal achademic qualifications - awarding a particular award based upon experience which some how corresponds to the type of qualification someone in their job would typically have? So for example, having a GCGI is like having a bachelors degree?

Are such qualifications actually worth having? Are they recognised by industry, or is it more a "buy a title" type situation?

If someone could explain what exactly these really are (and not just marketed as), and what their really worth etc. Sadly C&Gs give very limited info on their site (as per usual).

Lee.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Roy,

Here you can find additional information.

Scroll down to (2) Equivalency of Experience and Education.  

I think this is more of a regulation than a law.

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-13593/0-0-0-13813.html

"              (2)     Equivalency of Experience and Education.                

One of the most common situations an adjudicator will encounter is an H-1B petition filed for an alien in specialty occupation where the alien lacks a U.S. bachelor’s degree. Adjudicators should be thoroughly familiar with                 8 CFR 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D)                 which describes the kind and amount of experience which can be used to establish the equivalence of a degree. Three years of professional experience may be used to substitute for each year of college-level training. The most critical aspect of this type of adjudication is deciding whether the     quality     of experience is at high enough level to qualify as “professional.” Experience is generally documented through letters from past employers and may be so lacking in specificity as to make the qualitative determination difficult or impossible. The regulations for deciding equivalency are very specific and must be closely followed.      "

Also as I mentioned Germany.

Their State-certified Engineer on the certificate indicates that this is level 6 on DQF and EQF as Bachelor degree.

Staatlich geprüften Techniker/innen

Also, it comes with Europass Supplement that allows mobility and a better understanding of the qualification by potential employers.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Roy,

Here you can find additional information.

Scroll down to (2) Equivalency of Experience and Education.  

I think this is more of a regulation than a law.

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-13593/0-0-0-13813.html

"              (2)     Equivalency of Experience and Education.                

One of the most common situations an adjudicator will encounter is an H-1B petition filed for an alien in specialty occupation where the alien lacks a U.S. bachelor’s degree. Adjudicators should be thoroughly familiar with                 8 CFR 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D)                 which describes the kind and amount of experience which can be used to establish the equivalence of a degree. Three years of professional experience may be used to substitute for each year of college-level training. The most critical aspect of this type of adjudication is deciding whether the     quality     of experience is at high enough level to qualify as “professional.” Experience is generally documented through letters from past employers and may be so lacking in specificity as to make the qualitative determination difficult or impossible. The regulations for deciding equivalency are very specific and must be closely followed.      "

Also as I mentioned Germany.

Their State-certified Engineer on the certificate indicates that this is level 6 on DQF and EQF as Bachelor degree.

Staatlich geprüften Techniker/innen

Also, it comes with Europass Supplement that allows mobility and a better understanding of the qualification by potential employers.

Children
No Data