This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

How many GCSEs?

At a meeting of parents it was mentioned that back when they were at secondary school it was common to take only 8 or 9 subjects for GCSE whereas in more recent years students often take 12 or 13 GCSEs.

How many GCSEs do you think is sufficient and appropriate for a career in engineering and how many is overkill?
Parents

• Andy Millar:

Mark, I do agree with you about the "arms race", which starts at birth with Apgar scores! (I still remember how staggered my wife and I were by the other (usually) mum's competing for the "best" Apgar score. To be "average" was to have "failed".

Andy,

Agree with you on that one. One of the best responses I have heard was "When was the last time you were asked in a job interview 'At what age did you start to walk?'"

Alasdair

• Andy Millar:

Mark, I do agree with you about the "arms race", which starts at birth with Apgar scores! (I still remember how staggered my wife and I were by the other (usually) mum's competing for the "best" Apgar score. To be "average" was to have "failed".

Andy,

Agree with you on that one. One of the best responses I have heard was "When was the last time you were asked in a job interview 'At what age did you start to walk?'"

Alasdair

Children
No Data