This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Closure of the Teacher Building

According to an email sent out yesterday, the IET is closing its permanent base in Scotland with no prospect of a direct replacement.
Parents
  • The Teacher Building meaningfully "flew the flag" in Scotland, for the IET and engineering in general. I attended several events there and found the all-round experience to be equal with Savoy Place and Austin Court in its excellence. Event services organisations depend totally on their staff and management, and the team at the Teacher Building was clearly highly professional and well organised. In this respect, they operated behind the scenes to most of us, but they made an essential contribution in support of our professional activities. I'm sure many other people will feel similarly in this regard. So on behalf of the IEE/IET members and other people who have used and appreciated the Teacher Building over the last 26 years, I'd like to offer them our condolences and hopes that they will be able to move forward positively and find suitable alternative employment without delay.
  • The Teacher Building meaningfully "flew the flag" in Scotland, for the IET and engineering in general. I attended several events there and found the all-round experience to be equal with Savoy Place and Austin Court in its excellence. Event services organisations depend totally on their staff and management, and the team at the Teacher Building was clearly highly professional and well organised. In this respect, they operated behind the scenes to most of us, but they made an essential contribution in support of our professional activities. I'm sure many other people will feel similarly in this regard. So on behalf of the IEE/IET members and other people who have used and appreciated the Teacher Building over the last 26 years, I'd like to offer them our condolences and hopes that they will be able to move forward positively and find suitable alternative employment without delay.
Children
No Data