This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Closure of the Teacher Building

According to an email sent out yesterday, the IET is closing its permanent base in Scotland with no prospect of a direct replacement.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    We hear about "false news" and "alternative truth", I suspect the stats leading to the propsed closure of the Teacher Building come under these headings. 

​I have attended many PRIs over the last few years at the Teacher Building and until very recently, as Hon. Sec. of the IET Scotland Manufacturing TPN , would have used the building for our regular meetings but for the excessive cost. A realistic discounted rate would have generated more LN and TPN meetings but it's a lot cheaper to go to a university or pub.

​I agree with Geoff,et al, we need a presence in Scotland to support our membership.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    We hear about "false news" and "alternative truth", I suspect the stats leading to the propsed closure of the Teacher Building come under these headings. 

​I have attended many PRIs over the last few years at the Teacher Building and until very recently, as Hon. Sec. of the IET Scotland Manufacturing TPN , would have used the building for our regular meetings but for the excessive cost. A realistic discounted rate would have generated more LN and TPN meetings but it's a lot cheaper to go to a university or pub.

​I agree with Geoff,et al, we need a presence in Scotland to support our membership.
Children
No Data