This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Closure of the Teacher Building

According to an email sent out yesterday, the IET is closing its permanent base in Scotland with no prospect of a direct replacement.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi David and al,

As I mentioned before nothing says we can not organise ourselves. We have a good network of Universities and Colleges (Maybe even the Government/Parliament could give us a hand, it is in their best interest) who I believe would work with people wanting to organise events and offer access to facilities with students helping during such events. With a decentralised approach to organisation and secretarial tasks, it may prove to be more reactive and save some of the cost. Cut on the running costs and find support elsewhere.

Times can be critical but there are always two faces to a coin, to be beat or see the opportunity.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi David and al,

As I mentioned before nothing says we can not organise ourselves. We have a good network of Universities and Colleges (Maybe even the Government/Parliament could give us a hand, it is in their best interest) who I believe would work with people wanting to organise events and offer access to facilities with students helping during such events. With a decentralised approach to organisation and secretarial tasks, it may prove to be more reactive and save some of the cost. Cut on the running costs and find support elsewhere.

Times can be critical but there are always two faces to a coin, to be beat or see the opportunity.
Children
No Data