This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Closure of the Teacher Building

According to an email sent out yesterday, the IET is closing its permanent base in Scotland with no prospect of a direct replacement.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Robert Mansell:

Have to say it's a pretty poor decision and one that sends the wrong message about the IET's commitment to Scotland. My membership fees seem to be going up year-on-year but 95% of what the IET do seems to be based in London. I take it members in Scotland will be getting a discount as the IET have closed our base here. No? Didn't think so.

Robert Mansell‍ I've just reviewed the local network metrics from 16/17 and found that 44 events took place in London and 55 took place across the Scotland LNs, so I don't think your assessment is fair or accurate. I am interested to hear what influences your perspective.

That's 44 out of 1621 around the world. The LNs in Mersey, Coventry, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Western Australia were all busier than London. I do keep in mind that LN events are self-reported and that it's not the only measure of activity, but I hope that this helps contextualise things for you and will go some way to debunking the anti-Scotland narrative.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Robert Mansell:

Have to say it's a pretty poor decision and one that sends the wrong message about the IET's commitment to Scotland. My membership fees seem to be going up year-on-year but 95% of what the IET do seems to be based in London. I take it members in Scotland will be getting a discount as the IET have closed our base here. No? Didn't think so.

Robert Mansell‍ I've just reviewed the local network metrics from 16/17 and found that 44 events took place in London and 55 took place across the Scotland LNs, so I don't think your assessment is fair or accurate. I am interested to hear what influences your perspective.

That's 44 out of 1621 around the world. The LNs in Mersey, Coventry, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Western Australia were all busier than London. I do keep in mind that LN events are self-reported and that it's not the only measure of activity, but I hope that this helps contextualise things for you and will go some way to debunking the anti-Scotland narrative.

Children
No Data