This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Savoy Place History

I had the opportunity to visit Savoy Place with my little one today.  The Faraday Centre is a really nice resource and it's a shame I don't have the opportunity to make use of it a bit more often.

But as I was explaining that it has changed over the years (as things must), my little one didn't believe me that the old members coffee room used to be a dingy room in the basement behind the Faraday statue which was under the shop.  Also they were surprised when I mentioned some of the other things that have changed (like the foyer, the old library, etc).

I was wondering if anyone (IET staff or member) had archive pictures of what it used to look before the updates were made?  Unfortunately I was less of a shutter bug in those days.

Mark
Parents
  • Thanks to both of you for that.

I reckon my first visit to Savoy Place must of been around 1995, with a sporadic trips back over the following 15 years.  Although, those pictures pre-date that quite a bit!

Other then the additional of the computers for catalogue searching and a different arrangement of the tables, I don't think the old library changed a huge deal into the 90's.  But the old lecture theatre!
  • Thanks to both of you for that.

I reckon my first visit to Savoy Place must of been around 1995, with a sporadic trips back over the following 15 years.  Although, those pictures pre-date that quite a bit!

Other then the additional of the computers for catalogue searching and a different arrangement of the tables, I don't think the old library changed a huge deal into the 90's.  But the old lecture theatre!
Children
No Data